Category Archives: Lifestyle
By Julie Kutchin ’11
It’s impossible to head into the new year without reflecting on everything that 2010 brought us. Here’s a list of movies, songs and celebs that we can’t forget!
Top 10 Movies of 2010
- The King’s Speech
- Black Swan
- True Grit
- The Fighter
- The Social Network
- 127 Hours
- Winter’s Bone
- Barney’s Version
- The Kids are All Right
Top 10 Songs of 2010
- California Gurls by Katy Perry
- Love the Way You Lie by Eminem
- Nothin’ On You by B.o.B.
- Airplanes by B.o.B.
- Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
- Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz
- OMG by Usher
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
- Rude Boy by Rihanna
Top 10 Most Googled People of 2010
- Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson- 151,000,000
- Beyonce and Miley Cyrus- 68,000,000
- Taylor Swift- 45,500,000
- Britney Spears- 37,200,000
- Madonna and Chris Brown- 30,400,000
- Kayne West- 20,400,000
- Angelina Jolie, Adam Lambert and Paris Hilton- 11,100,000
- Kelly Clarkson and Lindsay Lohan- 9,140,000
- Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Alba- 6,120,000
- Brad Pitt- 5,000,000
By Victoria Caruso ’11
Need a break from studying? Try our Holiday Word Search.
Answers will be published next week.
By Claire Lilly ’11 and Ali Grenier ’11
Should Mr. Gerry shave his beard?
After taking a poll consisting of 100 students (also including a few faculty members) we found that 55% of the Govs community say the beard should go. Don’t worry Mr. Gerry, not everyone can work it!
45% said keep
55% said shave it please
We’ll have to see what Mr. Gerry thinks…
Students and faculty were greeted by a colorful display in the Moseley Chapel for their weekly Wednesday meeting. A group of anonymous seniors covered the chapel walls, railings and pews with Post-its as part of this year’s senior prank. Past pranks have included a sea of balloons in the chapel, gift-wrapping the Little Red Schoolhouse, moving the furniture from Frost to the Sager Bowl…the list goes on!
Were you involved in a prank at the Academy? Leave your memories in the comments section below.